STUDENT WORKER II | COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
POSITION LOCATION: Reno, NV
This position will assist the College of Engineering Internship & Career Support Coordinator in maintaining the COEN Career Services Access database, with logistics for the biannual Engineering Career Fair, with marketing various career services opportunities/events to students and employers, and other miscellaneous tasks as they may come up.
- Possess strong critical thinking and communication skills, professionalism, and be detailoriented
- Comfortable with communicating via telephone, email or in-person with students or professionals
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Can work 14-18 hours per week and interested in continuing employment throughout the year, especially summer
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING RESEARCH EXPERIENCE | MISSOURI S&T ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
Would you like to be paid to learn about the latest developments in additive manufacturing while gaining a valuable research experience? Then welcome to Missouri S&T’s Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) Program in Additive Manufacturing (AM)! Participation in the AM REU Program will provide you with:
- an exciting opportunity to participate in an interdisciplinary team working closely with faculty and graduate students to conduct a research project in additive manufacturing
- a foundation in conducting research and effectively communicating your results
- a chance to network with students, faculty, and people in industry actively pursuing the latest manufacturing research
- a $5000 stipend plus housing and meals
- a chance to attend the 2016 International Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium in Austin, Texas
- an opportunity to enjoy wonderful outdoor activities in the Ozarks
ME2L STUDENT TEACHER | UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, RENO
- setting up and conducting demonstrations in classrooms
- speaking to young “future engineering” students
- driving the ME2L van to local schools
- keeping the contents of the van organized
- developing new experiments and demonstrations for K-12
- gain valuable experience while using engineering skills
- advance your communication skills
- work approximately 10-15 hours a week
- have a flexible work schedule
NEVADA CLEAN ENERGY CORPS | NEVADA GOVERNOR’S OFFICE OF ENERGY
The Nevada Governor’s Office of Energy is hiring 10 AmeriCorps members for the new Nevada Clean Energy Corps.
The program starts January 4, 2016 and runs for one year. Participants will receive training and certification as home energy auditors, and will gain experience working with local energy companies. Members will provide free LED light bulbs and high-efficiency showerheads to ~2,000 homes in the Reno/Sparks community.
Join the renewable energy industry today! Please apply by December 11th.
SCIENCE & ENGINEERING | FBI
Positions in this network have the ability to perform scientific work that makes a real difference in the casework performed at the FBI. By providing technical expertise/advice, independent analysis, and recommendations, assumptions can be defined and connections created. Positions within this network may identify potential terrorists through a partial fingerprint or a single strand of hair or assist Special Agents in their lawfully authorized searches.
Some positions that fall within this talent network are:
• Physical Scientist
DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER | SOUTHWEST GAS
The Distribution Engineer is involved in existing and new facility design and planning within Engineering. The incumbent is also involved in field decisions for the installation/construction of gas facilities. Responsibilities typically include advanced level gas engineering, project management and intermediate level supervisory role.
This position requires three to five years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited university. Area(s) of specialization may dictate a specific engineering discipline.
Thank you for your interest; however, this position has been filled.
DESIGN AND TEST ENGINEER INTERN | NEO MEDICAL
- Assist in Product Development Projects according to the company’s design control program
- Assist in developing specifications and requirements for Products, Product Components, Tooling and Fixtures.
- Maintain all Product and Manufacturing related Controlled Drawings and procedures.
ANNUAL INTERNSHIP SURVEY – CHANCE TO WIN $100 AMAZON.COM GIFT CARD
We invite all engineering students who attended UNR last academic year to participate in our Annual Internship Survey. The information gathered in this survey will help measure the success of our students in obtaining jobs & internships for the previous academic year. The responses we receive will help us make better decisions about our career services functions and provide better advice to our students about opportunities and expectations for engineering internships that are critical to gaining hands-on engineering experience before graduation.