MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER | LEGRAND
DESIRED MAJORS: Mechanical Engineering
Legrand is a leading provider in intelligent rack PDUs, KVM switches, and other data center infrastructure monitoring and management solutions. Legrand’s power strategy experts have provided power solutions for labs, data centers, and telecommunications operations for 30 years.
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Server Technology Team in Reno, NV. The Mechanical Design Engineer will work closely with Design and Manufacturing Teams to develop and finalize product documentation for existing and newly developed products. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Update, develop and finalize product documentation for existing and newly developed products.
- Perform all sustaining engineering functions to create sheet metal fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, cable/wire drawings, specification and source control drawings using a 3D modeling software package.
- Update and generate wiring diagrams.
- Create and modify Bills of Materials (BOM’S) through an Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Review drawings and BOM’s for accuracy and completeness, ensuring engineering drafting standards are met.
- Research and resolve issues associated to PLM database.
- Perform first article validation and testing; inclusive of thermal analysis, Hipot, and SELV.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University with emphasis in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or comparable experience or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in an engineering support role with emphasis on sheet metal, harnessing, wiring diagram, PCB schematic, and BOM development.
- Experience with Altium, Inventor, Productstream/Vault and Omnify a plus.
- Strong knowledge of drafting standards for electrical and mechanical assemblies.
- Experience with writing ECO’s using PLM software.
- Experience with PCB design software to perform PCB design, schematic, and fabrication documentation updates.
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Mechanical Design Engineer – Legrand – ELE
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply online.