STAFF 1, ASSOCIATE ENGINEER | NEVADA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
DESIRED MAJORS: Civil Engineering
The department is responsible for the planning, construction, operation and maintenance of the 5,400 miles of highway and over 1,000 bridges which make up the state highway system. The department is divided into three districts, with a district engineer and assistant engineers in each.
Staff Associate Engineers perform professional engineering assignments not requiring licensure by the State Board of Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Incumbent performs engineering reviews of crash data analysis and participates in the design and analysis of the programs listed in the Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
- Prepares, drafts, and checks design elements related to the production of Safety Management Plans (SMPS)
- Conducts safety and project meetings and coordinates with NDOT divisions, local agencies, consultants, and conducts preliminary project quantity calculations, cost estimation, Highway Safety Manual Analysis (HSM), before and after studies for safety projects, and other research/studies related to safety.
- Certification by the Nevada State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors as an Engineer Intern
- OR Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or a closely related engineering field
- OR two years of journey level technical experience equivalent to an Engineering Technician III in Nevada State service
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Staff 1, Associate Engineer – Nevada Department of Transportation – (ELE)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply online.