APPLICATION SPECIALIST | EMERSON
DESIRED MAJORS: Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering
Emerson concentrates on the most complex and profound challenges facing the world in the process, industrial, commercial and residential markets. They refocused their business portfolio to deliver solutions that bring greater value to their customers.
Emerson is looking for an Application Specialist that will be responsible with pre-sales technical and application support for products and services and post-sale order fulfillment. Incumbent will support direct and indirect selling resources in assigned territories to achieve sales goals. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates on selling strategy with outside sales representative/manager.
- Reviews RFQ to determine customer requirements and suitability of Emerson product offerings to meet customer needs.
- Utilizes product and application knowledge of Emerson products and services to size and select the proper valves and to offer alternates if available
- Interprets customer terms and conditions (T&Cs) making a judgment as to whether terms and conditions can be accepted by Emerson or whether escalated legal review is required.
- Communicates with purchasing to obtain pricing, quotes etc.
- Make judgments about pricing/discount structures considering the price list and availability of product vs. customer need, overall size of the opportunity, and competition for the product line. Where needed, will liaise with business platform organizations to gather pricing information for more complex quotes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical area preferred or combination of applicable education and experience.
- Prefer 2+ years in the flow control industry with knowledge of valve and actuation applications or related knowledge of fluid mechanics and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Strong customer support skills; excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office; MS Excel in particular
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Application Specialist – Emerson – (ELE)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send a resume to Tom Simpkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.