FACILITY SERVICE ASSISTANT | GREAT BASIN INSTITUTE
DESIRED MAJORS: Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
The Great Basin Institute is an interdisciplinary field studies organization that promotes environmental research, education, and conservation throughout the West. Founded in 1998 at the University of Nevada, the Institute’s mission is to advance applied research and ecological literacy through community engagement and agency partnerships to support national parks, forests, open spaces and public lands.
The Great Basin Institute is recruiting a Facility Service Assistant who will support data management for infrastructure projects at Lake Mead NRA and will come to understand the mission of the NPS and the role that facility management plays in maintaining NPS infrastructure. The Assistant will work with NPS Maximo Facilities Specialist, park staff, engineers and scientists on collection of data, research, inspections, creation, and implementation of future park-wide facility and non-facility projects. The position will be matched with the most appropriate mentor and support Lake Mead in addressing its maintenance backlog. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the Maximo database in order to support park, regional, and departmental goals for reporting accurate and pertinent information in relation to park assets, maintenance, construction requirements, expenditures, and accomplishments.
- Ensuring that accurate and timely records of park field and operational staff work assignments are entered into the Maximo databases.
- Manipulating database information to complete park, regional and national reports, as well as reviewing and utilizing data contained in other software programs to accomplish tracking and reporting duties.
- Development of water and wastewater treatment, distribution and collection construction and other various park-wide projects for future years.
- Be enrolled in or have completed an undergraduate or graduate program in facility management or a related engineering field
- Show the ability to work within a team setting, but also independently, as well as effectively communicate orally and in writing to a diverse audience
- Express maturity, responsibility and adaptability with a demonstrable willingness to learn; be self-motivated with ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Possess a valid, clean, state-issued driver’s license.
- Experience working with or exposure to Maximo or other asset-management software
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Faculty Service Assistant – Great Basin Institute (ELE)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply online.