ENGINEERING ASSISTANT | ABENGOA
DESIRED MAJORS: Civil Engineering and Electrical Engineering
Abengoa is a world benchmark company for engineering and construction in energy transmission and distribution sectors, rail electrification, the construction of singular installations and infrastructures and all types of industrial plants and generation, in addition to manufacturing steel structures, electrical ancillary and electronic equipment.
Abengoa is seeking an Engineer to support ongoing projects while job shadowing engineering leaders with a focus on maintaining or improving the functions within the Engineering Department. This position reports to the Project Deputy Director. This position includes a competitive benefits package. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed below.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Act as a positive role model in a group; work effectively with others.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Reviewing and interpreting work plans. Understanding and applying specifications.
- Prepare and evaluate material take offs and update databases.
- Provide project planning and scope development support.
- Evaluate and prepare material take offs.
- Provide project management support, including maintaining project managing systems.
- Collaborate with personnel from cost estimating, scheduling and planning groups to ensure consistency and confirm accuracy of data collected.
- Evaluate and manage change orders associated with projects.
- Maintain construction safety processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or a related discipline.
- Experience working in an engineering or construction related environment.
- Experience working outdoors or in a construction environment.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient Microsoft office skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship
- Valid Driver’s License
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Engineering Assistant – Abengoa (ELE)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send a resume to Lorraine Delap at Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org.