ASSOCIATE STAFF ENGINEER I | NDOT
The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) is responsible for the planning, construction, operation, and maintenance of the 5,400 miles of highway and over 1,000 bridges which make up the state highway system. The department is divided into three districts, with a district engineer and assistant engineers in each.
Associate Staff Engineers perform professional engineering assignments not requiring licensure by the State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. This position is within the Roadway Design Division in Carson City, Nevada. Incumbents will act as team leaders and manage the work product the teams produce, actively participate in all necessary coordination/communication to complete assigned projects, and are responsible for directing all aspects of contract development for projects assigned to them. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Training engineering staff and calculating and checking plan quantities
- Developing estimates using the current estimation system
- Developing estimate summaries and structure lists
- Producing CAD drawings using Microstation/InRoads, such as typical sections, traffic control, striping, special details, and profiles
- Establishing and calculating roadway geometrics and applying roadway design standards set by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), and Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) policy
- Certification by the Nevada State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors as an Engineer Intern; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or a closely related engineering field; two years of journey-level technical experience equivalent to an Engineering Technician III in Nevada state service; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work experience utilizing Microstation/InRoads is required for this position
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Associate Staff Engineer I – NDOT (ELE)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply online.