NETWORK AND OPERATIONS ANALYST | INYO COUNTY (ELE:UNR)
The Network and Operations Analyst implements, configures, manages, maintains and troubleshoots technical infrastructure including wiring, racks, computers, switches, routers, firewalls and other technical components; plans, designs, configures, manages, maintains and troubleshoots network security; analyzes designated user/business needs and processes within the County organization, assesses potential or existing problem situations and designs and implements technical solutions; provides and coordinates the most advanced technical and specialized hardware, software and network support to users; and functions as a positive and cooperative team member in a dynamic work environment. Receives consistent direction from Information Services management. May exercise direct supervision over professional, technical and/or clerical staff. Essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Acts as liaison and primary resource between in-house users, commercial software/hardware vendors and consultants
- Provides technical expertise and overall perspective
- Ensures adherence to design specifications and Information Services defined and professional standards and methodologies
- Completes daily operations tasks as assigned
- Provides hands-on support for designated user requests
- Conducts the work necessary to complete/implement assigned projects
- Confers with and conducts meetings with a variety of user groups to gather all necessary information and documentation
- Facilitates the information flow and implementation activities across departmental and/or organizational lines as necessary
- Defines and documents requirements for data, operational processes, logical processes, operating software and hardware, system integration, internal and external checks and controls and user expectations within the context of budgetary, technology and resource constraints
- Meets with user groups on a periodic and regular basis to discover new/changed system expectations.
- Conducts feasibility studies including needs and cost/benefit analyses to evaluate the impact of desired and required changes
- Researches and analyzes available technology as appropriate and documents and reports findings and recommendations.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, complete the Inyo County Application Form and mail to:
Inyo County Personnel Department
P.O. Box 249
Independence, CA 93526
A cover letter and/or resume will be accepted in addition to the application form but will not serve as a substitute for a completed application.