PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR | SERVER TECHNOLOGY, INC. (EXP:UNR)
We are looking for a highly organized, motivated, Production Supervisor to coordinate the day to day activities of the Production Department. If you have a desire to meet daily goals and be part of a dynamic manufacturing team, we may have the opportunity you have been dreaming of.
What you will do:
- Coordinate all production activities to ensure department objectives are met on a daily basis.
- Ensure production accuracy by implementing proper techniques and coaching direct reports.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Under direction of the Engineering Team, set up, perform and document experiments for testing and validation.
- Identify, product model numbers, component part numbers and non-conforming parts or assemblies.
- Read and understand wiring diagrams, layout drawings and Bills of Materials.
- Read, understand, and conform to Bills of Materials.
- Communicate with Engineering, Operations and Production Departments on needs and priorities.
- Effectively manage change over, setup of new jobs and provide setup recommendations for new product releases.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment on daily production tasks that facilitate customer fulfillment and business goals.
- Promote a safe, clean and organized work environment. Ensure correct use of equipment on assembly line and throughout production environment.
- Prepare monthly production statistical report and implement procedures to obtain established efficiency and quality goals.
- Maintain compliance with all ISO regulations and procedures.
- Maintain and approve accurate time and attendance records for production staff.
- Assist in evaluating production practices for most cost effective solutions.
- Provide back up support to Production/Warehouse Manager and Production Supervisor for all facility related duties.
- Actively communicate business strategy and key results to production staff. Facilitate regular staff/huddle meetings to promote open and regular communication.
- Regularly Inspect production operation to maintain quality and safety standards.
- Conduct routine inspections of production operation identify repair and maintenance needs. Coordinate maintenance requests as required.
- Complete related paper work and reports in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing computer software and general office procedures.
- Participate in safety meetings and implement safe work environment practices that meet OSHA requirements.
- Participate in staff selection/interview process. Recruits, hires, and train all production staff.
- Supervise and provide support and direction to all production staff. Resolve personnel issues and support team building with positive and open communication.
- Support and motivate staff to participate in company sponsored classes and training, with the objective of completing individual goals and compliance with mandatory training.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University with emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years warehouse/distribution/manufacturing experience with at least 2 years at the management level.
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Knowledge of first aid, safety and OSHA requirements.
- Prior experience in managing a staff (supervise, train, coach, develop, motivate, interview, hire, terminate) and lead by example.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company including Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Familiarity of ISO 9000 standards and audit process.
- Passion for technology products and finding solutions preferred.
- Experience motivating a team preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, click here to apply.