SCIENTIST II | NATIONAL SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES (EXP:UNR)
The candidate will lead software development in a dynamic research environment at National Security Technologies’ (NSTec’s) Los Alamos Office. The candidate should be skilled working with multiple languages, complex code bases, the software design process, UI design, distributed computing and algorithm development. Must have the flexibility and motivation to learn new languages and be willing to independently research computer science technologies to find solutions to problems. Will participate in software design meetings and interact with the customer to develop software to meet their needs. The support will change from project to project and can include a wide range of topics such as developing applications for data analysis, designing control systems for hardware platforms, parallelizing existing software to run on multiple CPU’s and/or GPU’s, developing UI software, and working with scientific simulation software to solve physics problems. Will be required to develop software in both Windows and Linux and must be flexible in using either. Will be in charge of a Linux based cluster and be able to mentor others in the operation of the cluster.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a calculus-based Science, Technology, Engineering &Mathematics (STEM) field
- At least two years’ relevant experience in a software development role.
- A strong algorithm development, Mathematics, or Physics background is a plus.
- Demonstrated programming experience should include: Configuration of Linux systems, parallel programming, software lifecycle process from design through maintenance, developing software requirements, scientific and mathematical programming, mentoring others, GPU programming in CUDA or OpenACC.
- Desired experience includes configuring, hardening and maintaining Linux computer systems to meet Department of Energy (DOE) system standards and policies in both classified and unclassified areas.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to communicate with coworkers, customers, and management/supervisor. Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures, and execute assignments within required period.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, technical manuals, software documentation, procedures, diagrams and illustrations, blueprints, schematics and other technical information.
- Must possess an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
- Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level).
- Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
- Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.”
- Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
HOW TO APPLY:
For direct consideration, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.