MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER | SERVER TECHNOLOGY (ELE:UNR)
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work closely with the Electrical Design and Manufacturing Teams to develop Electro Mechanical assemblies including sheet metal fabrication drawings, finish drawings, cabling drawings, specification and source control drawings, and assembly drawings using 2D and 3D CAD software. The Mechanical Design Engineer will ensure that all assigned duties are performed quickly, efficiently and according to the established departmental and company policies, procedures and goals. Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Design sheet metal enclosures around electromechanical assemblies using CAD software and applying DFM principles
- Create sheet metal fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, cable/wire drawings, specification and source control drawings using CAD software.
- Update and generate wiring diagrams using CAD software.
- Create and modify Bills of Materials (BOM’S) using a Product Lifecycle Document Control System.
- Develop 3D models of new electrical and mechanical components for use in final assemblies.
- Export existing 3D models from CAD software to PDF or other formats.
- Review drawings and BOM’s for accuracy and completeness, ensuring engineering drafting standards are met.
- Assist with developing documented methods for process improvement and control.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University with emphasis in Mechanical Engineering or comparable experience or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with sheet metal design and parametric modeling in CAD software. Auto Desk Suite knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Document Control Systems. Omnify PLM knowledge a plus.
- Understands document revision (ECO and ECN) process
- Strong knowledge of drafting standards for mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Basic understanding of AC power, digital electronics, and PCB design software a plus.
- Manufacturing experience in an industrial environment a plus.
- Ability to coordinate engineering projects and demonstrate engineering technical expertise to a team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company including Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook/Access).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates click here to apply.