ENGINEERING INTERN | VIA SEATING (INT:UNR)
As a member of VIA Seating NPD team, you will be involved in engineering needs, new product development and improvements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in New Product Development projects and prototyping process
- Help support and maintain engineering data base
- Problem solve, redesign and redevelop component to improve efficiency and quality.
- Documentation of components and explore options for product improvement.
- Be a student studying in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Work accurately, thoroughly and with good organization.
- Manage own time well.
- Creative problem solving.
- Work well with others.
- Take direction well.
- Supports and owns the task assigned.
- Be able to work on various and small tasks that come with a growing organization.
- Functions well both in a team and alone.
- Manage shifting priorities from multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Able and willing to physically work in both office and manufacturing environments.
- Comfortable with hand and power tools.
- Be able to occasionally lift 40 lbs. safely
- ERP / MRP software experience is a plus.
- CAD (Solid works) a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested students should send resume and cover letter to Marla Coughtry at HR@viaseating.com.