ENGINEERING INTERN| RMAX OPERATING (INT:UNR)
POSITION LOCATION: Fernley, NV
- Works with both Process Engineer and Plant Engineer to understand manufacturing processes and equipment
- Leads Research and Quality Control-related projects
- Reports on any recent findings in the polyurethane industry
- Assists with environmental compliance reporting and regulations
- Participates in planning and suggesting capital projects
- Performs quality control testing as needed
- Develops Lean/Six Sigma tools to improve manufacturing process
- Education: Full-time student (at least 12 credits per semester) pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering or closely related field at the University of Nevada. A sophomore- or junior-level student will be preferred, but all students are encouraged to apply
- Preferred Courses: Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry, Principles of Chemical Engineering, Computer Applications in Chemical Engineering, Probability and Statistics. Physical Demands: Occasionally, work in the manufacturing environment will be necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is also necessary
- Plant Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; in a dusty environment; in outside weather conditions; and can be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Commuting and Schedule: The intern must be able to commute to the manufacturing plant in Fernley. Work schedule will be accommodated around class schedules, but dependability is essential. The expectation will be to work around 10 hours/week while classes are in session and 25 hours/week while classes are not in session and during the summer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested students should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.