IT SPECIALIST- FORENSIC EXAMINER | FBI
POSITION LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV
Prepares and furnishes authoritative oral and written reports to FBI field investigators, U. S. Attorneys, state and local police and prosecutors as well as others, within the law enforcement community which convey the opinions and findings of the incumbent as determined through detailed examinations conducted.
- Presents necessary court testimony.
- Examines individual items of evidence for data reconvert, specific material of probative value, evidence of tampering and related examinations.
- Conduct examinations of computer systems and associated digital media utilizing operating system software.
- Examine physically write protected media to include: partition information, directory listings, deleted file listings, unallocated file space and slack extractions.
- Conducts research related to IT analysis.
- Acquires computer related evidence which may include seizure of physical hardware or copying computer evidence at the search site.
Retrieves data from custom, modified, or damaged software or hardware.
Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 semester hours in one or more of the following disciplines: computer science, information systems analysis, science/technology, information management, mathematics, computer engineering, or electrical/electronic engineering. Applicant has had experience that demonstrates accomplishments of computer project assignments that require a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested students should apply online at www.FBI.gov