SUMMER INTERN | INTERMOUNTAIN SLURRY SEAL, INC. (INT:UNR)
Intermountain Slurry Seal, a pavement maintenance affiliate of Granite Construction Company, is looking for a summer intern. This position is responsible for assisting with technical engineering and cost information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards. Essential job accountabilities include:
- Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Assist with interpreting design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor to provide accuracy.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
- Research historical data and productivity analysis reports in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures to support accuracy of bid submission.
- The candidate should be working toward a degree in a related engineering field.
- An ability and willingness to travel from job to job for the entire summer for which housing and per diem will be paid.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested students should send their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 18 to be collected and sent to Intermountain Slurry Seal. Résumés should explicitly state a willingness to travel.