ELECTRICAL ENGINEER INTERNSHIP | COEUR MINING, INC
Coeur Mining is recruiting student interns for the summer of 2016 to support the activities at our Kensington, Rochester and Wharf mine sites. Coeur’s summer internship program provides students with the opportunity to gain real world operational experience under the guidance of knowledgeable mentors. Each student will be assigned to a specific department and will be expected to complete project deliverables within assigned timelines. Students will also prepare a presentation of what they have learned and travel to our corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL to present the information to our senior technical team. Competitive compensation and/or housing/travel allowances will be provided to the incumbents.
- Develop a strong understanding of how the specific department brings value to the strategic goals of the mine site
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the departments standard operating procedures
- Project Management: coordinate internal and external resources, develop timelines and project reporting metrics
- Carry out tasks/duties ensuring compliance with health and safety policies
- Gain detailed knowledge about the operation working with cross functional teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Junior (3rd year) going into final year of study into an accredited Engineering, Geology, Health and Safety, Metallurgy program.
- 0 GPA preferred, but equivalent extra-curricular experience will be considered in addition to GPA
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Exposure to specific software related to your program of study
- Self-motivated, with strong communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply by sending their resume to Dan Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org.