SOFTWARE ENGINEER | NASA
Want to create cutting-edge interactive 3D graphics? Want to build software that will be used to operate NASA robots on the Space Station, the Moon, and other extreme environments? Want to make a difference in how we explore space?
The NASA Ames Intelligent Robotics Group (irg.arc.nasa.gov) has an immediate opening for a full-time software developer to help create advanced, interactive 3D graphical user interfaces for robotics and data visualization. This is a high-profile, high-impact opportunity to create software that will be used by NASA mission engineers and scientists.
Applicants should hold a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science (or related discipline) and have excellent software engineering and system development skills. Candidates should have 2+ years of applicable experience in computer graphics (see below).
- Strong background in interactive, real-time 3D graphics, including OpenGL and 3D scene-graph architectures
- Solid understanding of networking middleware such as DDS, JMS, or CORBA
- Expert knowledge of Java and/or C++
- Experience with physical simulation, real-time visualization, data visualization, or related discipline
- Strong object-oriented design and implementation skills
- Prior experience architecting large scale, distributed, and multi-threaded software systems
- Extensive experience with design patterns, cross-platform development and open-source tools
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply with by email with a detailed resume, contact details for two references, and a detailed cover letter to email@example.com.