ASSISTANT SITE SUPERINTENDENT | LOCAL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY VIA SQUARE ONE SOLUTION
This position is responsible for assisting the Superintendent in overseeing the daily supervision, direction, and coordination of all construction work activities, employees, and subcontractors on a project job site in completing the project safely, within the targeted budget, and schedule. Essential Functions
- Studies, reviews, and reads general project requirements and documentation (e.g., contract drawings, specifications, etc.) to gain understanding and identify the scope for each project.
- Reads and understands the terms and conditions of all assigned subcontracts.
- Assists with reviewing and developing subcontractor scopes, as assigned by supervisor and tracking the status of subcontracts.
- Implements document control process for the project under the direction of the supervisor.
- Assists in creating, tracking, and updating the assigned project schedule
- Assists with compliance of the SWPPP, APP, Emergency Response, Environmental, and other plans.
- Maintains schedule and monitors long-lead items being ordered through Subcontractors.
- Assists the Superintendent with project mobilization/demobilization.
- Maintains a current knowledge and application of safety requirements to assist in accident reporting, implementing procedures, and determining the impact of accidents or incidents on the project progress and ultimately, the company.
- Participates in, monitors completion of objectives, and reports on progress to PM within an assigned rotation to develop one’s own skills.
- Provides suggestions for process improvement in construction and assists with implementation.
- BA/BS degree equivalent in related field is the minimum formal education required for this position. A combination of equivalent work experience and training in the field may be a qualifying factor.
- Construction experience in the design-build delivery method desired.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office – esp. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
- OSHA 30 hour certifications required.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and construction industry practice, process, standards and their impact on project activity are vital.
- Positive, collaborative approach to construction and desire to learn are a must. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of building and construction materials, methods, systems, documentation, terminology and tools involved in the construction, repair or remodeling of buildings and other structures to assist in design development and construction implementation.
- Knowledge of practical application of building engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, and procedures toward the design and production of buildings and structures.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and government regulations to assist with compliance and regulatory practices.
- Demonstrates active listening and learning by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and applying newly acquired information to both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrates the desire to learn complex problem solving and critical thinking skills to facilitate alternative solution identification, implementation, and monitoring that is creative and original. Demonstrates to others through public speaking and writing skills to convey information effectively and in a timely manner, whether individually or in group settings.
- Demonstrates judgment and decision making skills in determining the relative costs and benefits of potential actions on a project, team member, etc., and to choose the most appropriate option.
- Demonstrates reading comprehension skills to facilitate the understanding of work related documents, answering inquiries regarding design/build practices, and incorporating the implications of new information into design, documentation, construction, and close-out processes.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidate should send their resume and cover letter to Johnny Skowronek at firstname.lastname@example.org.