PRODUCT QUALITY ENGINEER | SERVER TECHNOLOGY
Under direction of the Director of Quality Assurance, the Product Quality Engineer will provide quality assurance support to suppliers, customers and internal functions including Manufacturing, Assembly, Test & Validation areas and participate in continuous improvement activities. This position will also establish and sustain the use of the quality system metrics and tools.
The Product Quality Engineer, as with all members of the Server Technology Team, is expected to promote a positive work environment, demonstrate initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercise confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University with emphasis in Mechanical Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related manufacturing experience with at least 2 years in the quality function; ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), preferred.
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication processes and associated tooling; PCBA manufacturing experience including SMT pick and place and wave solder; and experience with wire harness manufacturing and termination assembly.
- Previous work experience of problem solving methods such as: Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects.
- Strong familiarity with the application of J-STD-00 and IPC A-610D. ASQ, CQE, Six Sigma certification or significant experience with Six Sigma process improvement desirable.
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint), experience with Salesforce.com preferred.Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company including Production, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Familiarity of ISO 9000 standards and audit process.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply online at ServerTechnology.com