PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER | NCH CORPORATION
- Provide technical support for manufacturing, production, vendors, customers and marketing.
- Initiate concepts and create new product designs by preparing 2D drawings, 3D CAD models, renderings, and supporting documentation; able to update and adapt existing products to market trends.
- Perform technical work including preparation of design layouts, specifications, engineering investigations, calculations, failure and root cause analyses and FEA
- Review and approve requests, product configuration changes, drawings, specifications, certifications, and technical reports.
- Initiate and ensure the continuous improvement of good engineering design, practices and procedures. This includes implementing redesign to improve manufacturing cost and to eliminate potential field problems.
- Determine product requirements and specifications within a competitive costing structure.
- Develops concepts by defining form, features, and aesthetics; exploring alternative designs within the costing structure determined by the marketing/sales team.
- Support cross-functional teams and provide insight into materials, color specifications, packaging, cost considerations, product lines, product offering and new business opportunities.
- Design, develop and implement data management requirements, including sourcing instructions, naming conventions, functional requirements and end user documentation.
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
*Please note, that though the description states we are looking for 1-5 years of experience, we are open to an entry level engineer with the right ambition and skill sets.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested students should apply online at NCH Recruiting.