IT POSITION | BOWERS WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Bowers Wealth Management is a privately owned investment newsletter looking to fill an IT position in the near future. We utilize various legacy systems, and are seeking candidates who have some knowledge of these platforms. Training will be provided on our current set-up.
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested students should email a cover letter and copy of their résumé to Mr. Josh Evans at email@example.com.
CONSULTANT ENGINEER | FM GLOBAL
As a consultant engineer, you’ll be out in the world, dealing with real people and real situations. You will find yourself conducting activities such as evaluating buildings for adequate fire protection, assessing systems that will need to survive the world’s worst earthquakes and much more.
It’s a hands-on role requiring high energy, self-motivation, and creativity. Your experience at FM Global starts with extensive training in loss-prevention engineering from some of the most talented and respected engineers in the world. You will soon find yourself working independently from your home office, traveling to client facilities to solve complicated technical issues and meeting with local management of some of the world’s best-known companies. You will be entrusted with the evaluation of multimillion-dollar facilities and will make decisions that involve complex business processes every day.
ENGINEERING INTERN – VEGETATION MANAGEMENT | NV ENERGY
The NV Energy Internship program is designed to ensure that it will challenge interns with meaningful work, expose them to a career in the energy industry, and help them transition from academics to the workforce. Successful completion of a Company internship can put an intern on the fast track to a fulltime career with NV Energy following graduation.
The goal of our internship program is to develop engineering skills and provide experience to students pursuing a career in the field of engineering. Candidate must be a self‐starter, flexible, a quick learner, highly motivated and a good team player. Accordingly, you must possess strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
MEMBER OF APPLICATIONS STAFF | ANTRA, INC.
• The Member of Applications Staff works as a member of the Applications Development team. Typically, the incumbent will require close supervision and a significant amount of training. However, it is expected that the Member of Applications Staff will increasingly demonstrate the ability to work independently.
• Works as a team member on small to intermediate size projects of low to average complexity. Works under the direction and supervision of senior applications staff and management. Completes assigned applications tasks on time (e.g., design, development, testing, maintenance, documentation, etc.).
• Performs problem resolution activities according to established procedures and makes supervised decisions that impact assignments.
• Self-Starter and an ability to troubleshoot and seek answers to problems.
• Good Collaboration skills and team working attitude
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER | THE HAMILTON COMPANY
• Testing and documentation as required. Work directly with other engineers to design and develop quality products. Product designs and design layouts are developed from ideas, sketches and verbal instruction. Take product design from concept to production.
• Responsible for timely, efficient, and quality execution of the assigned tasks
• Create finished drawings of parts and assemblies.
• Execution of ECO (Engineering Change Order) documentation changes
• Work with vendors, manufacturing, and engineering to procure parts and build models.
• Develop schedules and time estimates for product design and modification.
• Write project reports such as project status reports.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, interfacing with vendors, manufacturing, engineering, etc.
• General knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and their application.
• Ability to inspect parts using applicable measuring devices, Micrometers, Calipers, Optical comparator, etc.
• Must demonstrate designs which show application of DFM principles
APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE ENGINEER | THE HAMILTON COMPANY
• Develop custom software packages for direct customers.
• Familiarity with C++, Java and Python.
• Troubleshooting and problem solving of written methods.
• Provide basic and advanced software and hardware training.
• Create liquid classes and optimize liquid handling performance.
• Implement work listing/LIMS into programs.
• Integrate third party devices.
• SQL database interfacing.
• HSL programming and troubleshooting.
• Develop and improve training materials.
• Consistently contribute to knowledge base Tool Pool
• Visit customers as needed for follow-up, retraining and additional programming, sometimes on short notice.
• Train New Hires
• Work independently and make decisions based on extensive experience and knowledge.
• Work with Sales team on sales opportunities.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER | ADM ASSOCIATES
ADM is seeking candidates for the position of Mechanical Engineer with experience in the building energy field to evaluate energy efficiency programs. Qualified candidates possess a mix of technical and interpersonal skills and an interest in overseeing efficiency programs throughout the United States.
Evaluation work requires a wide variety of skills, from the technical (energy calculations, monitoring and verification, energy modeling, and statistical analysis), to more communicative tasks (survey design, in-depth interviewing, research, reporting). The types of efficiency programs being evaluated also vary, and include commercial and residential efficiency programs, demand side management programs and educational programs.
PAID COMPUTER SCIENCE/BUSINESS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY | IRIDIUM TECHNOLOGY
Iridium Technology LLC is an independent consulting firm based in Reno that is focused on helping law firms to get maximum value from their business intelligence solutions. We are looking to add another intern to our staff (paid position). Your tasks will include web site maintenance, creating technical documentation, testing, marketing and sales support, creating documentation, proofreading, etc. We are looking for applicants who are entrepreneurial, incredibly bright, organized, focused, creative problem solvers, able to work independently, and most of all extremely hard-working. Pay is $12/hour to start. There is the possibility to advance from this position into an developer/technical role.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER | FLIRTEY
Flirtey has opened an office on campus of The University of Nevada, Reno, and is seeking an experienced software engineer to join our startup team.
Work with us to pioneer a new industry – drone delivery! The company’s vision is a future where you can order anything online (e.g. urgent medicine, online shopping, fast food) and have it flown directly to you by an unmanned aerial vehicle (a ‘Flirtey’) within minutes of making the purchase. Flirtey is a startup that is offering you an opportunity to apply state of the art technologies to solve real world challenges.
ENGINEER | TEK SYSTEMS
• Perform post processing of drive test data
• Programming and scripting to increase efficiencies in post processing
• Complete various types of drive test and indoor data collection projects
• Create drive routes and customer deliverables
• Set-up and troubleshoot measurement equipment
• Verify basic measurement data
• Configure measurement equipment according to project specific test plans
• Inventory company measurement equipment prior to and upon complete of each project
• Send and receive data via the company’s FTP server